Someone on Twitter asked the question, “If you could have dinner with any five people (dead or alive) who would they be?”, and I haven’t stopped thinking about it since. Hmm…who would I choose?
Well, I narrowed it down to living people because when I start thinking down this path, the realist in me tends to want some air time. I’ll likely be thinking all week of what I could do to make it happen complete with the restaurant we would eat at and outfit I’d wear.
(Just to clarify, this would be five different occasions.)
1. Jen Hatmaker– Of course Jen tops my list right now. I just need to talk to her about some adoption stuff- and laugh a little while we have that conversation.
2. The Moore Girls- Beth Moore has always been at the top of my list of mentors to meet (a mentor from afar, of course), but I couldn’t go to dinner with her and not her two daughters, Amanda and Melissa, too. The three of them together- oh how fun and oh how so many questions I could ask. I respect Beth so much as an author and Bible teacher, but more impressed by the fact that she grew in her influence as she was mothering two girls who are now following hard after Jesus.
3. Bob & Sweet Maria Goff- I got the chance to meet Bob last weekend at a charity event and he was exactly as I thought he’d be. Any amount of time with Bob is a treat, but I’d also like to spend time with him and his wife too- cause she really does seem so sweet.
4. Chip & Joanna Gaines- Yes, the Fixer Upper couple! I’d love to go on a double date with them and learn a little about design, but mostly convince them to fix up a house for us in the Bay area (because the real estate market is just so much fun here.).
5. Taylor Swift- She just seems like she’d be so much fun to hang out with.
So many I cut from this list to keep it at five. I’ll be thinking of about ten more before I sleep tonight. I love these questions! Who would you pick today?!