This week I am going to reflect on what it means to be thankful and have a heart of gratitude. Each day I am posting something I’m currently thankful for. (These are not in order of importance.)
Today I am grateful for my family.
I’m grateful for my husband and my kids.
- Filipe sacrificially serves me and puts my needs above his.
- He pushes me to pursue God’s purposes for me.
- He gives me time to myself when necessary.
- He loves our children and teaches them about the things of God.
- He volunteers in Lily’s classroom (because He loves it!).
- He can cook and clean as good as I can.
- He is spontaneous and fun to be around.
I often feel undeserving of the love he gives me, and am oh so thankful. I could never have imagined God would bless me with such an incredible husband.
My kids are also so fun to watch grow and develop right now.
- They are full of creativity and discovery.
- I love that they can play well together.
- They have tender hearts toward each other and toward God.
- One of the things I love most is how they are so affectionate and loving with one another. Before naptime and bedtime they give each other hugs and kisses. Before Lily leaves for school she makes a point to hug and kiss all of us. It’s a big deal to walk out of the house without saying goodbye (and on the rare occasion it happens, there are many tears involved).
I love that our family can laugh and play.
I love the comfort we feel at home together.