This week I am going to reflect on what it means to be thankful and have a heart of gratitude. Each day I will post something I’m thankful for right now. (These are not in order of importance.)
The definition of gratitude is: the quality or feeling of being grateful or thankful.
Today I am grateful to be alive at this point in time, the present.
I’m grateful for the resources we have and the technology we can use to continue to extend God’s Kingdom here on Earth.
It can be so easy to look behind us and get caught up thinking about how the world used to be. You may wish you could have been alive during the Elizabethan period or the Victorian era, the Jazz age or the Fifties. But that was then. It’s behind us. We can only do something with what lies ahead.
Look how far we have come, the opportunities we have. It’s a time where technology and social media have transcended cultures and communities.
- Skype allows us talk to with someone just about any where on the planet.
- Twitter can tell 100,000 what we’re having for dinner and show them the picture.
- Facebook can show us how our 2nd grade best friend is doing.
- A Blog can build a tribe.
- Yelp can tell us where to go or where to avoid.
- Google tells us what we want to know.
The world is at our fingertips. Solutions are being discovered by the second. We don’t have the excuse that we can’t because really and truly, we can- and we know it.
Don’t be afraid of the future.
Embrace it, take advantage of it, and use it all for the glory of God.