We are almost four months into this adoption journey. Throughout the last month and a half we’ve done all we can do in the paperwork arena and are now in the beginning of a long series of waiting phases.
The good news? There’s not a whole lot for me to do.
The bad news? Waiting on others.
What We’ve Done:
- Finished & received our homestudy
- Filipe completed the adoption training
- Sent in our I800A application to USCIS (this gives us approval to adopt internationally)
- Dossier is ready for certification/authentication (once we receive USCIS approval)
- Started applying for grants (sent off 2 last week, filling out 2 more this week)
How Much We’ve Spent:
- $890- USCIS application filing fee
- $10- Marriage License completion
- $12- Postage
Total this month: $912
Total to date: $7109
What You’ve Done:
Your support continues to amaze us. During the month of March we received over $500 in donations both via fundraising and contributions. Thank you all so much.
How You Can Pray:
- For our I800A application to be received/reviewed by USCIS in a timely manner. (I’m don’t need it expedited, I just prefer it not be put on the back burner.)
- For favor regarding our grant applications. The first one up for review is the Show Hope grant. They make their next decisions on April 30th.
Thanks for your support & prayers.