I went into the doctor this morning for my weekly checkup and found out why the sudden stop in contractions- he turned!  Sometime between Wednesday night and this morning this baby decided to turn breech.  So, although we’re back to waiting some more, at least I have an explanation. 

So, now what?
– I have to go back to the office on Monday morning.  If his head is down they will go ahead and induce labor to avoid the risk of him turning again.
– If he is still breech then a doctor will do a procedure to turn him, and then they would induce labor.
– Or the ideal situation- he could turn on his own & I go into full labor before Monday morning (PRAY for this one!). 

My midwife seemed optimistic that he would be able to turn on his own, and said this is very common in 2nd & 3rd babies.  She also gave me some tips & excercises to help him turn, so hopefully that will work.  Also we’re making an appointment with a chiropractor to help in the process. 

In the meantime, please keep praying for us!

Related Posts