I haven’t done much writing this week, and I heard that when you can’t write, you read. So here’s a post about reading.
I’m currently reading an insane amount of books…all at the same time.
And I love it!
Here is my current list:
- Purpose-Driven Life by Rick Warren (Our church is currently going through this together, and I must say it’s even better the 2nd time around.)
- Safe People by Henry Cloud & John Townsend
- On Writing Well by William Zinsser
- Entreleadership by Dave Ramsey
- Parenting Beyond Your Capacity by Reggie Joiner & Carey Nieuwhof
- What’s It Like to be Married to Me? by Linda Dillow
I’m in the middle of all of them and my biggest struggle lately is deciding on which to continue with.
Before you call me crazy, notice they are all completely different books. I mean it’s not like they are all on parenting or all leadership books- if they were, then you can call me crazy. So, yes I am able to be fully engaged into each one of these books simultaneously because they’re all targeted to a different area of my life.
Not only are each of them engaging my mind, but they are changing my behavior as well. Last week while reading Safe People, I was prompted to have a tough conversation with a friend. While reading Dave Ramsey’s Entreleadership I was inspired to create a mission statement for our family- while Linda Dillow’s book challenged me to do the same for my marriage. And don’t get me started on the parenting stuff. Or the writing stuff.
Good grief, I feel like I can barely stay afloat in all of the areas I feel challenged.
But I wouldn’t have it any other way.
What’s challenging you lately?!