Reading continued to be a big theme for me in 2011. I see a direct correlation between reading and writing for me.
I read 19 books in 2011- all but one were non-fiction. Here are my top 11 for 2011:
1. Decision Points by George W. Bush
– This book helped me with my “Discipline” goal for 2011.
2. The Noticer: Sometimes, all a person needs is a little perspective by Andy Andrews
3. Going Public: Your Child Can Thrive in Public School by David & Kelli Pritchard
– Gave me confidence about our choice to send Lily to public school and continues to serve as a helpful guide along the way.
4. Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo
– The fastest book I read all year. Delightful
5. Same Kind of Different As Me by Ron Hall & Denver Moore
– One of the most challenging books I read all year, not to mention, inspiring. Can’t wait for the movie release!
6. Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life by Anne Lamott
– The best book I’ve ever read on the writer’s life. Will read this often!
7. The Final Summit by Andy Andrews
– Challenged me to keep reading!
8. Quitter by Jon Acuff
– Helped me with both of my 2011 goals- focus & discipline, and not giving up!
9. Safe People by Henry Cloud & John Townsend
– Helped me see the need to be intentional and proactive in maintaining healthy relationships.
10. EntreLeadership by Dave Ramsey
– Best leadership and business book I’ve read- love being able to apply it to motherhood aka CEO of the home.
11. Nearing Home by Billy Graham
– Challenging for faith and life and being good stewards of the life God gave us. Check out my full review tomorrow.
Any suggestions of what I should add for 2012?!