There is a whole lot more to adoption than simply caring for children. If that’s ALL it took, then I think there would be a lot less orphans on this earth. (At least I would hope so.)
Tragically, because of the people who exploit and abuse children (and maybe others who want to send them back), there is a very complicated and lengthy process to go through before you can welcome a child home. Accompanying the adoption process is a long list of guidelines and procedures to follow, people (social workers, government employees, etc) you need to help you follow all the procedures, and oh, did I mention money? And a lot of it too.
So, how are we going to do this?
Well, they say it takes a village to raise a child, and I would agree. But truth be told, I’m looking for more like an army. An army of people who will join together with us in bringing these kids home.
How can you help?
- Pray for the process- We need some serious prayer warriors every step of the way!
- Give toward expenses– Cost is upwards of $45- 50,000. We’ve set up an online giving site at SantosAdoption.com. You can click on the logo to your right & it will take you there. *For tax deductible gifts, contact me or Filipe directly.)
- Host fundraisers (garage sales, t-shirt sales, etc.)
- Offer Services (e.g. Notary)
- Spread the word for others to do the same (through blogging, promoting, etc)
Will you join the army?
Thank you all for your encouragement and support thus far. It means so much.